We have put off re-starting for months because of this first post, we knew it would be a fiasco.....but instead of try and recap everything over the last year and a half, we are just going to say "We're Back!"
To begin, here is a post from Dad about favorites of 2013....
Wow, not a single post from me last year....father of the year material over here! Before posting current/real time events I thought I'd start out by picking a few of my favorite moments from last year. And in no order whatsoever - here we go......
#1. Enchanted Forest
We all had fun. Ivy and Townsend were afraid of a majority of the park - mostly the odd mechanical "statues" (not sure how to describe these things...think Chuck E Cheese mechanical band) that depicted fairy tale scenes. Creepiest by far was the Snow White witch and the Three Bears. Try as I might, I could not get either one of them to visit the witch a second time. To their credit, it was a little disturbing - as in dark, disturbing, loud and all around confusing for young children.
Out of all the rides and attractions, the one hailed the best was the good old carpet slide. I think we went down that thing twenty times! My favorite was the remote control boats that didn't really work and the quick-draw cowboy - nothing like teaching your children how to shoot another person!
All in all it was a great day and I hope to go again next year, hopefully with someone who has never been so I can enjoy watching them suck in the weirdness. Oh yeah, the best part was that we didn't tell Ivy we were going and just pretended to go on a drive to get her brother to sleep. I think it was a pleasant surprise...
| Out of a shoe! What?! |
#2. The Ocean
Any day, any time of the year the ocean is a good place. I love watching children get lost in the overpowering nature of the ocean - the sand, wind, smells, birds, dead sea life and, in the case of Oregon, the occasion jackass driving on the beach. We could probably drop them off for a few hours
and they'd be happy :)
#3. Salt Lake City
The 12 hr + drive was bordering the edges of hell and since we didn't stop overnight to rest, was perhaps not in the best interest of our children...but hey, we made good time! Both Ivy and Townsend were amazing considering the circumstances. A few freak-outs here and there but overall we are lucky to have such good, mild mannered and understanding children. Also, that long in a car without stopping and we're still together as a family??? If that's not love, I don't know what is.
| Cupcakes, cousins an Grandpa....Oh my! |
| He just lost the only balloon that ever existed, ever. |
#4. First day of 1st Grade
Good lord, I can't believe she's in the 1st grade. I can't believe I'm one the those people who get teary eyed thinking...seems like I was just changing her diaper yesterday. Well, I am and I said it, so that's that. She is, and will always be, my baby. But now she's my baby who can read chapter books, do math problems and write. Yikes!
Oh, and here's what Townsend and I did on her first day back to school:
No comments:
Post a Comment